Social Impact Officer | Job Description
Keen to start a career in social enterprise?
Madlug is looking for a new team member to bring energy and innovation to the social impact side of our organisation.
As well as engaging with existing partners, you will also develop new giving opportunities to positively impact the lives of children and young people.
ROLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with current giving partners and develop new giving opportunities
- Develop systems and processes to check and report on the impact of our giving
- Increase monthly “gift a bag” subscriptions and provide subscribers with frequent updates
- Support bid writing for grant/trust applications
- Update all corporate customers on their social impact
- Write annual reports on social impact achievements
- Work alongside the Marketing team to raise awareness of the Madlug movement
- Preparation of Social Impact reports for Madlug CIC directors, Madlug Foundation Trustees and wider publication
- Maintaining the giving and fundraising database and documents
- Provide admin support for Madlug CEO in relation to all social impact projects
- Madlug is a small team and this position will require you to carry out additional responsibilities as and when needed.
- This post is supported by Rank Foundation. You will be required to attend and participate in relevant Rank Net meetings/conferences. This may include travel to the UK.
- Be able to demonstrate from past experience your ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Be able to demonstrate your interest in making a social impact
- Be highly motivated, able to work on own initiative
- Strong organisation skills
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Experience and confidence using IT
- Flexible approach to duties
- In possession of a full driving license
- A lived experience, interest or knowledge of the care system for children and young people.
- Experience of fundraising, sales or customer service
- 37.5 hours per week (evening & weekend work may be required at times)
- Madlug HQ, Richhill, Co Armagh - though remote working may be possible/required at certain times
Salary & Benefits:
- £21,000 per annum
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Leadership Development
- Generous discount of Madlug products
NOTE: This is an entry level position and will be ideal for anyone interested in starting their career journey in the world of social enterprise.